Explore UAB

A green hard hat with a UAB Blazers sticker. UAB has many degree programs (both on-campus and online) that can lead to professional licensure or certification (PLC). Licensure requirements vary from state to state and by professional organization. UAB is working to develop an online, publicly accessible database, to assist in providing this state-by-state information. In the meantime, if you are interested in learning about potential professional licensure requirements in your state for a specific degree program, please contact the UAB State Authorization office at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by calling (205) 934-7217.

The specific requirements for engineering licensure can differ from state to state. For information on the licensure process in each state, consult the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) website.

NSPE does not license Professional Engineers. Licensing authority and requirements for PEs fall under the jurisdiction of the licensing board for the state, district, or country in which an engineer practices. The national organization that represents the state boards is the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).