Students from other universities may participate in some UAB faculty-led programs.

Eligibility Requirements

You must meet our eligibility requirements to be eligible to study abroad.

Application Process

Your home institution will likely have processes you must follow as well. You are encouraged to open a discussion with your home institution’s Education Abroad office early.

In addition to our Education Abroad application, non-UAB students must complete a few additional forms. Please visit UAB Admissions Non-Degree Transient Student application, listed under “Other”, for admission requirements.

Explore the Steps and Get Started →

Transcripts and Credit

For faculty-led programs, you will receive an official UAB transcript upon completion of your program. How the credit applies to your degree is at the discretion of your home university. You will need to request a transcript through OneStop.