CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
December 2014 Research Spotlight:
Nicholas Van Wagoner, MD, PhDDr. Nick Van Wagoner is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases where he works with Drs. Edward W. Hook, Jane Schwebke, William Geisler, Christina Muzny, and Barbara Van der Pol in the Sexually Transmitted Infections Group.
Dr. Van Wagoner received his Ph.D. in Cell Biology and his M.D. from UAB. Dr. Van Wagoner's work is funded through an NIH K23 career development award. He also serves as the site primary investigator for several vaccine trials.
Dr. Van Wagoner's primary research focus is in novel treatments for herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-2 is a common sexually transmitted infection (STI) with 1 in 5 women and 1 in 10 men in the U.S. infected. Annual incidence in the U.S. is well over 750,000.
Shalev to present Nov 24 CRS
The Clinical Research Seminar is a one hour session where junior and senior UAB faculty present their clinical research findings to the residents, fellows and faculty of the Department of Medicine.
DOM Faculty Promotion/Tenure Workshop
Ashita Tolwani, MD, Chair of the DOM Appointment, Promotion and Tenure Committee (APTC) and professor of Medicine in the division of Nephrology will lead the workshop.
Rica Lewis Payton to present October 17 LDSS
Faculty and staff of both Departments are encouraged to attend.
- Sept 24th is annual *mandatory* HSF Compliance MGR
- Gutierrez to present September 22 CRS
- Darrell Kirch (AAMC) visit August 14
- Rob Henderson selected as DOM Employee of the Year for 2014!
- Eric Jack to present July 18, 2014 LDSS
- May 2014 Research Spotlight: Sumanth Prabhu, MD
- Pappas among first academics selected to conduct clinical research at NIH