To all those who have taught us and especially to our younger colleagues who continue to teach and inspire us. – Tinsley R. Harrison, MD
Our first Department of Medicine Chair, Dr. Tinsley Harrison, dedicated the first edition of Principles of Internal Medicine to his learners. In the Department today, we consider it a privilege to carry on his legacy and ensure that all our learners receive the medical education to ensure their success. Across the clinical continuum, our comprehensive educational programs are among the best in the nation. Our clinical and research faculty are renowned for their expertise in medical education and teaching the next generation for Internal Medicine.
- Our medical students have voted the Department as having the Best Clerkship for over a decade. It offers a wide variety of Acting Internships for our senior medical students.
- The Tinsley Harrison Internal Medicine Residency Program is an elite residency training program with superb clinical experiences, faculty mentorship, and countless opportunities to develop each residents’ unique interests.
- We have subspecialty Fellowship Programs across all divisions to provide extraordinary subspecialty training with focus for clinical, clinician-educator, and research careers.
- Our graduate students and post-doctoral scholars work side-by-side with their mentors, making cutting edge scientific discoveries.
- Every learner is valued and every faculty is provided opportunities for ongoing faculty development.
We hope you will enjoy learning more about each of our educational programs. The perfect one awaits you!