Explore UAB

About the Program

The only thing you enjoy more than expressing yourself artistically is helping others to do the same. Whether you're into music or the visual arts, we can train you to teach kids art all the way from pre-K through the 12th grade.

To begin, you'll first need to choose between two tracks. If you have an undergraduate degree, but did not earn teaching certification, you'll do the alternative master's program and work toward Alternative Class A certification. If you have both your undergraduate degree and a Class B teaching certificate, you'll do the traditional master's program and work toward your Class A certificate. Once you've chosen your track, you'll have another decision to make: visual arts or music. You can concentrate on music with specialties in choral or instrumental music, or visual arts, which includes classes in studio art.


  • Music
  • Visual Arts

Delivery Methods


This program delivers most of its content via on-campus, in-person meetings.

Program Director

Dr. Susan Spezzini

Contact Us to Learn More

You may also be interested in:

Back to Top