CRIME ALERT: ARMED ROBBERY at 901 14th Street South
On 12/12/2015 at 3:05 a.m. a UAB student was robbed at 901 14th Street South. The student was approached by a male at gunpoint and commanded to hand over his wallet. The robber was armed with a silver pistol. The robber received the wallet and fled the scene without further incident. The student was not injured.
The offender is described as a black male, 5’9, mid 30’s, wearing a dark long sleeve shirt, black toboggan and eyeglasses. The offender also had a goatee.
This robbery is being investigated by the UAB Police, should you have any information concerning this or any other case, please contact the UAB Police at 205-934-4434.
What to do during a robbery
· Remain calm.
· Do not argue.
· Do not fight.
· Do not resist.
· Do what the robber asks you to do.
· Do not make sudden movements; if you need to make movements, tell the robber beforehand so it is not a surprise to them.
· If a weapon is indicated, assume there is a weapon even if it is not seen.
Try to pay close attention to details of the robber so you are able to describe him/her later to police; try to note their clothing, height, weight, accents, differences in physical appearance, as well as any marks, scars or tattoos.
When the robber leaves, watch to see what direction they go and if they get in a vehicle, try to get the license plate number and description of the vehicle.
- Do not follow the robber!
What to do after the robbery:
· Immediately call the police.
· Write down any details about the robber that may be helpful to police, such as physical description, the color and model of car and license plate number. Ask witnesses to do the same.
Please remember that the UAB Blazer Express Safety Escort is available through Parking and Transportation Services by calling 205-934-8772. The service is available from 9:00 pm – 5:30am every day. We highly encourage you to use this service.