Who is my academic advisor?
When you log into BlazerNET, you will find your Advisor(s) listed on your Student Profile page.
How can my advisor help me?
You can rely on your academic advisor for information, assistance, and encouragement throughout your time at UAB. In general, he or she is available to:
- help you identify your goals and develop educational plans to reach them;
- help you understand degree requirements, course selection, and schedule planning;
- refer you to resources across campus that can boost your academic performance;
- help you understand academic policies and procedures; and
- provide information about potential areas of study.
When should I meet with my advisor?
If you are new to UAB, you will meet with your advisor at New Student Orientation.
If you are a current student, you should meet with your advisor well in advance of registration so that you have time to talk about your interests and goals, discuss your degree requirements, and review the courses you have chosen for the next semester. It’s also a good idea to meet with your advisor during each semester if you have questions, want to explore your options, or need to discuss any difficulties.
Academic Advising Offices
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Professions
- Pre-Health (Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry)
- Public Health