Welcome back! Here’s what you need to submit to apply as a returning student:
- a completed application;
- the nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended other than UAB. Transcripts should be mailed directly to UAB by each institution - Mailing Address. Faxed and hand-delivered transcripts are not considered official.
To get your answer early, submit your application early.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
You must apply for readmission if:
- you have not been enrolled in UAB undergraduate courses for one academic year or more;
- you have attended another college since your UAB enrollment; or
- you have graduated from UAB.
Former students are subject to the same admission requirements and university policies as newly admitted students. Be sure to check with your academic advisor about any changes in curriculum or degree requirements since your last enrollment.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) after completing 24 semester hours of college coursework.
- You must be in good academic standing at all of the other colleges or universities you have attended.
- If you have fewer than 24 credit hours of college coursework, then you also need to meet the minimum admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond the general admission requirements. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for details.