Apply online in one of two ways: (1) our institutional application or (2) the Common Application. Students should only submit one application.
Ready to become a Blazer? Here’s what you need to submit to apply to UAB:
- a completed application
- a nonrefundable $40 application fee, payable by credit or debit card, or application fee waiver
- your official high school transcript*
- official ACT or SAT score(s) if you wish to have them considered (Please carefully review “Admission Requirements” below)
*UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts - Mailing Address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. For transcripts sent through a secured transcript service (like Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), please select University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
UAB is test-optional for students planning to enroll spring 2022, summer 2022 or fall 2022. Test-optional means the university does not require applicants to submit an ACT or SAT score to be considered for admission or scholarships. We use a holistic approach, utilizing several performance factors, including strength of curriculum, grades, grade point average and test scores, if you wish to have them considered.
Applicants have two options regarding test scores:
- Submit your official ACT or SAT scores. Test scores included on an official high school transcript or submitted directly from ACT or College Board are considered official for admission purposes. UAB does not “super score” ACT or SAT results; your highest composite score will be considered.
- Apply test-optional and submit no test score. Review the UAB test-optional policy for more information.
Once your application is submitted, your choice to have your test scores included or not included in the review of your application cannot be changed.
High School Curriculum Requirements
|Subject Area||Units Required||Units Recommended||Recommended Subjects|
|Social Sciences||3||4||History, government, economics|
|Mathematics||3||4||Algebra I, algebra II, geometry, pre-calculus|
|Natural Sciences||3||4||Biology, Chemistry, Physics; two courses must have a lab component|
|Other||4||4||Additional academic courses in mathematics, science, foreign language, computer science, etc.|
Application and Scholarship Deadlines 2022-2023
|Incoming Semester||Priority Deadline Admission||Priority Deadline Scholarships|
|Fall||June 1||March 1|
|Summer||May 15||May 1|
Although applications submitted after the priority deadline will be considered on a space and funds-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application for admission and scholarships.
Effective Fall 2022