Applying to college can be one of the most exciting times in your life, and it’s our goal to make your experience as easy as possible. If you need help at any point in this process, your UAB admissions counselor is just a click or tap away to offer support and answer your questions.
What to Know Before You Apply
- Freshman admission requirements should be referenced before applying.
- Apply as test-optional. Students who apply test-optional are not required to submit test score for admission or scholarship consideration. Review the test-optional policy.
- Deciding to apply test-optional or to include a test score in your application is a final decision and cannot be changed once the application is submitted.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded using information provided on the admission application —no additional scholarship application is required. View scholarship opportunities..
- The email address submitted in your admission application will be the primary address used for communicating with admitted students.
How To Apply for Admission
Students can apply using the UAB Application or the Common Application using the steps below:
- Complete and submit the admission application and $40 application fee, payable by credit or debit card, or application fee waiver. If you are applying test-optional, please review the test-optional policy.
- Submit official high school transcript electronically or by mail.
- Submit ACT or SAT score if you would like it used for admission and scholarship consideration.