SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES EXTENDED.
Entering Summer 2021 - Deadline May 1
Entering Fall 2021 - Deadline June 1
High school seniors applying test optional to UAB will be reviewed on an individual basis. For more information, visit the test-optional policy.
Merit-based freshman scholarships for in-state students are awarded using a student’s admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
Scholarship criteria for students planning to begin UAB in Fall 2022 or later will be released later this Summer.
Merit-Based Scholarship Eligibility
- Priority Deadline Extended - In-state students who apply by February 1 of their senior year will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships upon admission. Students who apply after the priority deadline will be considered on a funds-available basis.
- Test Scores - Your February ACT and March SAT test scores from your senior year will be the last scores considered for scholarship purposes. (Due to the extended deadline, April ACT scores will also be considered.)
- GPA - The GPA considered is the cumulative GPA at the time of admission.
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and legal residents of Alabama.
UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and we love to reward your hard work. We recognize National Merit Finalists and National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars with the UAB Presidential Scholarship for National Scholars, which provides:
- Tuition and fees
- One-year on-campus housing allotment
- One-time $2,500 experiential learning stipend and one-year $1,000 Provost First-Year Scholarship
UAB is pleased to offer IB Scholarships, departmental scholarships, performance scholarships and more.
Students interested in additional UAB Scholarships should submit their scholarship applications in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART). Submitting the general application in BSMART submits student information to many departments on campus. Some scholarships may require a supplemental application in addition to the general application. Scholarships in BSMART will open on October 1. Check BSMART for specific scholarship deadlines.