Merit-based freshman scholarships for in-state students are awarded using a student’s admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
|In-State Scholarships for 2020-2021||Annual Amount||Required Test Score**||Required GPA|
|Presidential Recognition*||Tuition and fees||30-36 ACT||3.5 GPA or higher|
|Collegiate Honors||$8,000||27-29 ACT
|3.5 GPA or higher
|UAB Breakthrough||$4,000||24-26 ACT||3.5 GPA or higher|
|UAB Academic Achievement||$2,500||20-23 ACT
|3.5 GPA or higher
*Presidential Recognition Scholarships provide tuition and academic fees (up to 15 credit hours per semester for a total of 8 semesters). Students who have a 33-36 ACT are also invited to apply for presidential and endowed scholarships. A supplemental application will be provided to eligible candidates. Learn more.
**Applicants may also submit SAT scores. To view equivalent scores, please refer to the College Board Concordance Tools.
Merit-Based Scholarship Eligibility
- Deadline - In-State students who apply by December 1 of their senior year will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships upon admission.
- Test Scores - Your February ACT and March SAT test scores from your senior year will be the last scores considered for scholarship purposes.
- GPA - The GPA considered is the cumulative GPA at the time of admission.
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and legal residents of Alabama.
UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and we love to reward your hard work. We recognize National Merit Finalists and National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars with the UAB Presidential Scholarship for National Scholars, which provides:
- Tuition and fees
- One-year on-campus housing allotment
- One-time $2,500 experiential learning stipend and one-year $1,000 Provost First-Year Scholarship
UAB is pleased to offer IB Scholarships, departmental scholarships, performance scholarships and more.
Students interested in additional UAB Scholarships should submit their scholarship applications in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART). Submitting the general application in BSMART submits student information to many departments on campus. Some scholarships may require a supplemental application in addition to the general application. Scholarships in BSMART will open on October 1. Check BSMART for specific scholarship deadlines.