New Merit-Based Scholarship Process
Students applying for Summer or Fall 2022 and beyond must submit a scholarship application to be considered for merit-based scholarships. The scholarship application will be available on September 1 in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART).
In addition to the information you provide on your scholarship application, UAB will utilize several academic performance factors in determining scholarship awards - strength of curriculum, grades, grade point average and test scores, if you wish to have them considered. Scholarship awards are 4-year awards ranging from $6,000 to $20,000 per year.
Merit-Based Scholarship Eligibility
- Priority Deadline - March 1
- Test Scores - If you chose to include your test scores for admission and scholarship consideration, your February ACT and March SAT test scores from your senior year will be the last scores considered for scholarship purposes.
- GPA - The GPA utilized for review is the cumulative GPA submitted at the time of admission.
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and we love to reward your hard work. We recognize International Baccalaureate Students, National Merit Finalists, National Hispanic Recognition Scholars, National African American Recognition Scholars, National Indigenous Recognition Scholars, and National Rural/Small Town Scholars with the below levels of funding. These scholarships are stackable on any merit awards, but students are only eligible to receive ONE of the below awards.
- National Merit Finalist - $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester)
- National Hispanic Scholar, National African American Scholar, National Indigenous Scholars, National Rural/Small Town Scholars - $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester)
- IB Diploma Holder - $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester)
- IB Candidate - $1,000 per year ($500 per semester)