Merit-Based Scholarship Eligibility
- Priority Deadline - March 1
- Test Scores - If you chose to include your test scores for admission and scholarship consideration, your February ACT and March SAT test scores from your senior year will be the last scores considered for scholarship purposes.
- GPA - The GPA utilized for review is the cumulative GPA submitted at the time of admission.
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
UAB is a destination for academically talented students, and we love to reward your hard work. We recognize International Baccalaureate Students, National Merit Finalists, National Hispanic Recognition Scholars, National African American Recognition Scholars, National Indigenous Recognition Scholars, and National Rural/Small Town Scholars with the below levels of funding. These scholarships are stackable on any merit awards, but students are only eligible to receive ONE of the below awards.
- National Merit Finalist - $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester)
- National Hispanic Scholar, National African American Scholar, National Indigenous Scholars, National Rural/Small Town Scholars - $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester)
- IB Diploma Holder - $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester)
- IB Candidate - $1,000 per year ($500 per semester)