You’re considered a nontraditional student if you graduated from high school three or more years ago and have not attended college. Here’s what you need to submit to apply to UAB:
- a completed application;
- the nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- your official high school transcript (mailed directly to UAB from your high school) or your GED score. (You must be at least 19 years of age to submit a GED score)*
*UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts - Mailing Address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. For transcripts sent through a secured transcript service (like Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), please select University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
To get your answer early, submit your application early.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.75
Applicants who have earned a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Specific GED score requirements for admission depend upon when the GED test was taken.
- 620 (total from 4 subject tests), if taken in January 2014 or later
- 520, if taken between January 2002 and December 2013
- 52, if taken prior to January 2002
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond the general admission requirements. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for details.