Interested in Scholarships?
Visit our scholarships page for more information.
Ready to make the move to UAB? Here’s what you need to submit to apply as a transfer student:
- a completed application;
- a nonrefundable $40 application fee, payable by credit or debit card
- official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended*
- Students who have completed college-level work in a country other than the United States also must provide an evaluation from an approved credentials evaluation agency. Learn more about international transfer credits.
*UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts - Mailing Address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. For transcripts sent through a secured transcript service (like Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), please select University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
Application and Scholarship Deadlines
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*||Scholarship Deadline|
|Fall Semester||June 1||March 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1||November 1|
|Summer Semester||March 15||March 1|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
Merit-based transfer scholarships are awarded using a student’s admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) after completing 24 semester hours of transferable college-level work.
- Good academic standing at all colleges and universities you have attended.
- If you have fewer than 24 credit hours of transferable work, then you also must meet the minimum admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond the general admission requirements. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for details.