Merit-based transfer scholarships are awarded using a student’s admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
|Transfer Academic Scholarships for 2020-2021||Annual Amount (Fall/Spring)||Required GPA||Available to Phi Theta Kappa Members|
|Phi Theta Kappa||$6,500||3.5-4.0||Yes*|
|Transfer Scholarship of Distinction||$2,000||3.5-3.74||No|
|Transfer Pathway Scholarship||$1,000||3.25-3.49||Yes**|
*Membership must be noted on your official community college transcript, or faculty sponsors may submit a letter to UAB Undergraduate Admissions on school letterhead, verifying your membership. All documentation must be received by the March 1 deadline for fall admits (November 1 deadline for spring admits).
**Membership is not required to receive this scholarship (based on cumulative GPA of all transferable coursework).
- Admitted to UAB – Must be admitted to an undergraduate program at UAB by the scholarship deadline. (Current high school seniors, former UAB students, students who have received a bachelor’s degree, and students pursuing a certificate-only program will not be considered.)
- Current Enrollment - Must be currently enrolled in transferable coursework at a community college.
- Transferable Credits - Must have earned at least 45 transferable credit hours by the scholarship deadline.
- GPA - Must have a minimum 3.25 GPA, including your most recent grades. (An updated, official transcript that contains the most recent semester's grades must be received prior to the scholarship deadline. Non-transferable coursework, such as technical or remedial courses, will not be calculated in GPA.)
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Spring - November 1
- Summer/Fall - March 1
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
UAB is pleased to offer IB Scholarships, departmental scholarships, performance scholarships, and more.
Students interested in additional UAB Scholarships should submit their scholarship applications in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART). Submitting the general application in BSMART submits student information to many departments on campus. Some scholarships may require a supplemental application in addition to the general application. Scholarships in BSMART will open on October 1. Check BSMART for specific scholarship deadlines.