SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES EXTENDED.
Entering Fall 2021 - Deadline June 1
Merit-based transfer scholarships are awarded using a student’s admission application. An additional scholarship application is not required.
Scholarship criteria for students planning to begin UAB in Fall 2022 or later will be released later this Summer.
- Admitted to UAB – Must be admitted to an undergraduate program at UAB by the scholarship deadline. (Current high school seniors, former UAB students, students who have received a bachelor’s degree, and students pursuing a certificate-only program will not be considered.)
- Current Enrollment - Must be currently enrolled in transferable coursework at a community college.
- Transferable Credits - Must have earned at least 45 transferable credit hours by the scholarship deadline.
- GPA - Must have a minimum 3.25 GPA, including your most recent grades. (An updated, official transcript that contains the most recent semester's grades must be received prior to the scholarship deadline. Non-transferable coursework, such as technical or remedial courses, will not be calculated in GPA.)
- Residency - Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Priority Scholarship Deadlines
- Spring - November 1 (Extended to December 1)
- Fall - March 1 (Extended to June 1)
Students who apply after the priority deadline will be considered on a funds-available basis.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
UAB is pleased to offer IB Scholarships, departmental scholarships, performance scholarships, and more.
Students interested in additional UAB Scholarships should submit their scholarship applications in the Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART). Submitting the general application in BSMART submits student information to many departments on campus. Some scholarships may require a supplemental application in addition to the general application. Scholarships in BSMART will open on October 1. Check BSMART for specific scholarship deadlines.