The TRIO STEM-H Program at UAB is an educational opportunity that is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The mission of the TRIO STEM-H Program is provide academic and personal support to assist participants in being successful as they pursue their educational goals at UAB.
- Individualized Guidance: One-on-one assistance to help students make a smooth transition to college, develop goals and create a graduation plan.
- Academic Support: Weekly tutoring sessions and workshops.
- Workshops: Sessions on time management, learning styles, résumé writing etc.
- Financial Advising: Assistance in applying for financial aid (FAFSA), scholarship searches, and financial counseling including help in creating a budget, managing credit, debt, and personal finances.
- Career and Academic Guidance: Success Coaching and assistance with academics, including career and educational planning, mentoring, graduate school tours, and career development.
- Resources: Access to textbooks, calculators, reference materials, computers, FREE printing, graduate school prep tests and quiet study space.
- Money: STEM-H Grant Aid and UAB Stipend.
- Cultural Events: Free cultural events and trips that will broaden horizons and enrich life experiences. Also STEM-H provides opportunities to study abroad.
- Campus Connections: A place to feel connected with others at UAB.