Please read carefully
- Before completing the online application, you should consult with your academic advisor to verify which courses are needed to complete your degree requirements. For additional questions about degree requirements, please see the UAB Catalog
- Please fill out this application completely. Any information not listed or incorrectly listed will result in our returning the application to you, thus delaying your application process.
- Upon submitting the Application for Degree, you will receive an email with a copy of your application to retain for your records. Once your application has been reviewed by the Registrar’s Office, you will receive a second email informing you that your degree application has been sent to your advisor for departmental approval. After your degree application is returned from your advisor, you will receive a third email from the Registrar’s Office informing you that your degree application has been approved or denied.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Office of Registration and Academic Records if your local mailing address changes prior to graduation.
- Your diploma cannot be mailed if you have any financial obligation to UAB. Please notify the Office of Registration and Academic Records once your account is clear.
- If you do not take, pass, or receive a grade in a course(s) indicated on your Application for Degree, your degree will not be awarded. Please check with your academic advisor to discuss your options.
- If you do not meet your degree requirements by the time of your expected graduation date, you will need to change your graduation date. Please do not fill out another Application for Degree. Simply fill out the Change of Graduation Date form (PDF).
- You should file the Application for Degree at least six months before completing work for a baccalaureate degree. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the Application for Degree deadline for each semester.
Complete the Undergraduate Application for Degree