Your Information

Your BlazerID is who you are at UAB—to the computers, at least. It’s your e-mail address, your BlazerNET login, your Canvas username, and a whole lot of other important online services.Register for a BlazerIDChange your password
It’s easy to change the information UAB has on file for you. If you need to update your mailing address or phone number you can either update it through BlazerNET or bring your photo identification and visit One Stop Student Services (Residence Life Center of Blazer Hall). Please note that permanent address changes cannot be made online through BlazerNET; this must be completed through One Stop Student Services.
Legal Name Change: If you need to change your name, you must bring your marriage certificate or court order, along with photo ID and the completed form below, to One Stop Student Services (Residence Life Center of Blazer Hall). You cannot change your name through BlazerNET.Change of Name Form
 Preferred Name Change: You may set a preferred name through BlazerNET to identify yourself within the UAB community. Your preferred name will appear instead of your legal name in university related systems and documents except where the use of your legal name is required by university business or legal need.Preferred Name FAQ
Certain schools and student populations have restrictions on major changes. Please review the various guidelines before attempting to change your major. You will need to log into BlazerNET to complete the change of major form.Change of Major Form
UAB students must satisfy immunization requirements in order to be medically cleared for enrollment. Medical clearance requirements vary by school and student type. Check for your specific immunization requirements in the left column of the following page from Student Health Services.If you're not sure of the student category under which you fall, One Stop can help you figure that out.Immunization Requirements
Your ONE Card serves as your UAB student ID as well as your library card, meal card, access card for residence halls, Blazer Bucks declining balance card, and admission card for things such as the Rec Center and UAB sporting events.You can get your ONE Card made at the One Stop office. All new students get their first card free of charge.If you lose your ONE Card, you can also get a replacement at the One Stop office. Replacement cards are $15 (the replacement fee is not charged for a student who provides a police report stating that personal belongings were stolen or for students with a non-functioning card).
The items listed below are considered directory information and may be released for any purpose at the discretion of UAB. Under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, you have the right to withhold the disclosure of the directory information, including:
  • Name, address (local and permanent), e-mail, telephone number, date and place of birth
  • Major field of study, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, schedule of classes, institution most recently previously attended
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
Please consider very carefully the consequences of any decision by you to withhold directory information. Should you decide to inform UAB not to release directory information, any future requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations will be refused. UAB cannot assume responsibility to contact you for subsequent permission to release the information.Request to Withhold Directory Information Form