Are you ready to choose UAB? Here is what you need to submit to apply as a non-degree temporary student:
- a completed application;
- the nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- letter of good standing if you have attended another college or university within the last year.*
*UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts - Mailing Address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. For transcripts sent through a secured transcript service (like Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), please select University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- You must be at least 25 years of age.
- Must be in good academic standing if you have attended another college or university within the last year.
- You are ineligible for financial aid or for priority registration.
- You may register for classes once degree-seeking students have had an opportunity to register. Your registration time falls within the three-week period prior to the first day of class.
- If a course is over-enrolled, you may be dropped in favor of degree-seeking students.
- You can apply a maximum of 24 semester hours to a UAB degree program.