Are you ready to choose UAB? Here is what you need to submit to apply as a non-degree transient student:
- a completed application;
- the nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- transient permission form from your home institution. To avoid registration delays, your transient permission form or letter of good standing should include the courses for which you have been given permission to register for.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- You must be in good academic standing at your home institution.
- You are ineligible for financial aid at UAB or for priority registration.
- You may register for classes once degree-seeking students have had an opportunity to register. Your registration time falls within the three-week period prior to the first day of class.
- If a course is over-enrolled, you may be dropped in favor of degree-seeking students.
- Enrollment as a transient student is typically for one term with a maximum of two consecutive semesters.