Are you ready to choose UAB? Here is what you need to submit to apply as a non-degree transient student:
- a completed application;
- the nonrefundable $40 application fee;
- official transcripts from the institution where you earned your degree.*
*UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts - Mailing Address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. For transcripts sent through a secured transcript service (like Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), please select University of Alabama at Birmingham from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- An official transcript or letter of good standing from your home institution.
- You are ineligible for financial aid at UAB or for priority registration.
- You may register for classes once degree-seeking students have had an opportunity to register. Your registration time falls within the three-week period prior to the first day of class.
- If a course is over-enrolled, you may be dropped in favor of degree-seeking students.
- Enrollment as a transient student is typically for one term with a maximum of two consecutive semesters.