Apply for concurrent enrollment to take courses as a non-degree student at UAB while you are enrolled as a junior or senior in high school. This option may be appropriate if your high school does not participate in the dual enrollment/dual credit program.
Concurrent enrollment students are limited to registering for six hours per semester.
How to Apply
Ready to pursue new academic challenges? Here’s what you need to do to apply for concurrent enrollment at UAB:
- Apply for admission
- Submit the $40 application fee.
- Submit all required materials directly to UAB - Mailing Address
- an official high school transcript;
- ACT or SAT score or PreACT or PSAT scores (recommended but not required);
- a letter of permission from a parent or guardian;
- a letter of support from the high school counselor stating specific class and term student plans to enroll as well as acknowledging the student’s appropriate preparation based on high school courses completed or in progress
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- Recommended minimum ACT of 20 or SAT of 1020, but all credentials will be reviewed holistically with a focus on potential academic success. If you have not taken the ACT/SAT or PreACT/PSAT, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If you plan to register for a math or English course, you are required to take an assessment to determine course placement. Some exceptions apply.