Apply for dual enrollment/dual credit to take courses as a non-degree student at UAB while you are enrolled as a sophomore or higher —and to apply credit earned at UAB toward both college requirements and your high school diploma.
Dual enrollment is available to students in schools that have a partnership with UAB and allows you to earn high school and college credit simultaneously.
Dual enrollment students are limited to registering for six hours per semester.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts
- Alabama Virtual Academy
- Birmingham City Schools
- Decatur City Schools
- Evangel Christian School
- Homewood High School
- Hoover City Schools
- Jefferson County Schools
- Mountain Brook High School
- Pelham City Schools
- Pell City High School
- Shelby County Schools
- The Renaissance Prep Academy for Excellence
- The Westminster School at Oak Mountain
How to Apply
Ready to pursue new academic challenges? Here’s what you need to submit to apply for high school dual enrollment at UAB:
- Apply for admission
- Submit the $40 application fee.
- Submit all required materials to UAB - Mailing Address:
- an official high school transcript;
- ACT or SAT score or PreACT or PSAT scores (recommended but not required);
- a letter of permission from a parent or guardian; and
- a letter of support from the high school counselor stating specific class and term student plans to enroll as well as acknowledging the student’s appropriate preparation based on high school courses completed or in progress.
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
Your high school must preapprove individual courses taken for dual enrollment/dual credit. Prior to each term of enrollment, you must submit a letter from your high school identifying the preapproved course(s) you want to take for dual credit.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- Recommended minimum ACT of 20 or SAT of 1020, but all credentials will be reviewed holistically with a focus on potential academic success. If you have not taken the ACT/SAT or PreACT/PSAT, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If you plan to register for a math or English course, you are required to take an assessment to determine course placement. Some exceptions apply.