Apply for dual enrollment/dual credit to take courses as a non-degree student at UAB while you are enrolled as a sophomore or higher —and to apply credit earned at UAB toward both college requirements and your high school diploma.
Dual enrollment is available to students in schools that have a partnership with UAB and allows you to earn high school and college credit simultaneously.
Dual enrollment students are limited to registering for six hours per semester.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts
- Alabama Virtual Academy
- Birmingham City Schools
- Decatur City Schools
- Evangel Christian School
- Homewood High School
- Hoover City Schools
- Jefferson County Schools
- Mountain Brook High School
- Pelham City Schools
- Pell City High School
- Shelby County Schools
- Spring Valley School
- The Hillsboro School
- The Renaissance Prep Academy for Excellence
- The Westminster School at Oak Mountain
How to Apply
Ready to pursue new academic challenges? Here’s what you need to submit to apply for high school dual enrollment at UAB:
- Apply for admission
- Request that a copy of your official high school transcript is sent to UAB
- Submit a completed Dual Enrollment Signature Form
|Incoming Semester||Deadlines for Priority Consideration*|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||May 15|
*Although applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure ample time to review your application and render an admission decision.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- If you plan to register for a math or English course, you are required to take an assessment to determine course placement. Some exceptions apply.
Need more information? Visit our Dual Enrollment landing page.