Admitted students may begin applying for scholarships on September 1 for the following academic year.
Undergraduates complete the general application through Blazer Scholarship Management and Resource Tool (BSMART) and will be automatically matched with scholarship criteria. Accounting and Finance specific scholarships are awarded outside of BSMART, through a separate application that will be posted in Canvas (beginning in October) to all accounting and finance students.
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships and learn how to accept your scholarship in BSMART opens a new website
- Apply for MAc Scholarships
- Apply for MBA Scholarships — applications will be accepted October 1-January 31.
List of Collat Business Scholarships
- Accounting Advisory Council Scholarship
- A.G. Gaston Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Alesia M. Jones HR Endowed Scholarship
- AMA/UAB Scholarship in Business
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Scholarship
- Association of Information Systems Officers
- Ave P. Jack Endowed Scholarship
- Barfield, Murphy, Shank and Smith Accounting Scholarship
- Beta Alpha Psi Endowed Graduate Scholarship in Accounting
- Beta Gamma Sigma Scholarship
- Birmingham Chapter of the Alabama Society of CPAs Accounting Scholarship
- Birmingham Chapter of the IMA Accounting Scholarship
- CED Endowed Scholarship in Industrial Distribution
- Charles & Patsy Collat Endowed Scholarship in Industrial Distribution
- Charles & Patsy Collat Endowed Support Fund Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Chris L. Jones Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Cisco Information Systems Endowed Scholarship
- Colonial Properties Trust Scholarship Program in Finance
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Cooper Industries Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- David E. Mackle, Sr. Endowed Memorial Accounting Scholarship
- Eaton Electrical Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Edward M. Friend School of Business Scholarship Endowment
- Eric P. Jack Endowed Scholarship
- Ernst & Young Recruiting Scholarship in Accounting
- Ernst & Young / John L. Rhoads Scholarship in Accounting
- Fetherston Scholarship in Finance
- GE Industrial Distribution Endowed Scholarship
- Green and Gold Student Managed Investment Fund Scholarship
- Hackney Family Endowed Scholarship
- Hammond Power Solutions Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Debbie Tanju / UAB Scholarship & Institute of Internal Auditors, Birmingham Chapter Scholarship in Accounting
- Joe & Louise Robertson Scholarship in Accounting
- John F. Breyer Endowed Scholarship
- Juanita and William H. Van Matre Endowed Scholarship
- Julian Watts Banton Endowed Scholarship
- Katherine Bridges Freeland Endowed Scholarship
- Katherine L. McCarl Maisel Memorial Scholarship
- Ken Jackson Endowed Scholarship in Industrial Distribution
- Kinder Morgan Excellence in Accounting Scholarship
- L Paul Kassouf Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- L. Paul Kassouf & Co. Endowed Accounting Scholarship
- Legrand Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Lighting Solutions Kristen Craig Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Lisa Gundersen Scholarship in Finance
- Lisa Lamb Endowed Scholarship in Business
- Gene Newport Business Scholarship Endowment
- Maggie Bencina Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Mainline Information Systems Endowed Scholarship
- MBA Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship
- Medical Properties Trust and Holmes Endowed Scholarship
- Nancy Collat Goedecke Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- OE Johnson Endowed Scholarship in Business
- Ollie S. Powers Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- O’Neal Steel Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Osram Sylvania Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore Accounting Scholarship
- Perry Supply Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Pizitz Endowed Scholarship
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship / Jimmy Bent Memorial Scholarship in Accounting
- Project Management Scholarship Endowment
- Protective Life Corporation NABA / Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Scholarships
- Regions Bank Endowed Scholarship in Business
- Rime Endowed Scholarship
- Robert E. and Diane Holmes Endowed Scholarship
- Roberta M. and John L. Rhoads Accounting Scholarship
- Roy S. Fogas Memorial Scholarship
- Southern Pulp and Paper Industry Labor Management Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas & Betts Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Thomas & Betts T. Kevin Dunnigan Endowed Industrial Distribution Scholarship
- Tommie G. Cummings Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- UAB Accounting Alumni Scholarship
- W. Jack Duncan Endowed MBA Scholarship
- Warren, Averett, Kimbrough & Marino Accounting Scholarship
- Wells Fargo Endowed Scholarship
Please contact your program advisor.
Collat Scholars Program
Today's businesses require a workforce that has demonstrated success in working with people of diverse backgrounds. To meet this need, the Collat School of Business is committed to providing rewarding opportunities to students who come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and offers up to 20 scholarships to recruit high achieving, under-represented students through the Collat Scholars Program.
- Applicants for the Collat Scholars Program must be admitted to the Collat School of Business as an incoming freshmen or transferring from another institution. Preference will be given to students who bring diversity to the Collat School of Business student body to include diverse racial, ethnic, economic, and geographic backgrounds. Additionally, preference will be given to first-generation college students and to students who demonstrate need along with academic ability.
- Applicants should demonstrate solid academic promise or achievement. Entering freshmen need a minimum grade point average of 3.25 in coursework completed prior to the time of application. Students transferring from another institution of higher education should have earned a minimum 3.0 in all college course work and have completed at least 24 hours of course credit. For transfer students with less than 24 hours, a 3.25 high school GPA and 3.0 college GPA are the minimum requirements. ACT/SAT test scores are not required for consideration for the 2022 class but will be reviewed/considered if submitted by the student. It is recommended that the student submit a resume and/or cover letter in the additional documents section of BSMART.
Application and Selection Procedures
Undergraduates compete the general application through BSMART from October 1-February 1 and will be automatically matched with scholarship criteria.
Administration of Scholarship
- The Collat Scholarship is a four-year award for students who maintain full-time status (at least a 12-hour course load) with a minimum 3.0 GPA. In order to maintain the scholarship up to four years, students must continue to pursue an undergraduate business degree. This scholarship is designed to encourage all recipients to complete their undergraduate degree in four years.
- The annual scholarship award will be applied toward the recipient's tuition and fees. Any scholarship funds in excess of the amount required for tuition and fees may be disbursed to the student for books, supplies, room and board, or other school-related expenses.
- The Collat School of Business Scholarship Committee will award up to 20 four-year scholarships of $5,000 each, to be distributed each year in two equal amounts over fall and spring semesters ($2,500 each term).
- Recipients of the Collat Scholarship are also eligible to receive other forms of student financial aid for which they may qualify.
The University has become one of the leading urban institutions in the nation and offers a wide range of academic and cultural experiences. This and other scholarships are designed to provide valuable financial assistance to those who wish to attend UAB.
The Collat Scholars Program will be set up cohort-style in order to create a small community group within the larger Collat School of Business. Scholars will participate in service-learning activities, attend special events, and interact with the Collat family.
When Charles Collat Sr. speaks about his ability to make this transformational gift to help fund the Collat Scholars program, he credits the hard work of hundreds of Mayer Electric associates who helped to make this possible. Consequently, Collat would like UAB to memorialize and honor a few key individuals that have been instrumental in Mayer’s success. UAB has named four scholarships, as a part of the Collat Scholars Program, to honor and recognize:
- Jim Summerlin
- Vic Kester
- Jay Ziff
- Wes Smith
Collat Scholars Commitments
- Submit Scholarship Recipient Information Form online
- Submit Financial Aid Reporting Form online
- Attend two events per semester related to the Collat Scholars Program. Details will be provided upon scholarship acceptance.
Melody Lake, Scholarship Coordinator