Stand out from the crowd.
Our Professional Sales Certificate focuses on the fundamentals of professional selling and the increasing status and integrity of the field. Students learn what a career in professional selling entails and how to develop the necessary skills for success through application-based learning.
- Open to all UAB students interested in selling.
- No pre-requisites required for entering the program.
- Four-course curriculum requirement can be customized with one agreed-upon elective.
- All faculty members teaching in the program have relevant, real-world experience.
- State-of-the-art facilities with role-playing technology provide an ideal learning environment.
- Prime location in the state's largest business center provides valuable interaction with industry.
- Advanced selling course meets the experiential learning requirement for Collat business degrees.
According to a survey of sales managers, graduates of sales programs "ramp up" 50% faster and experience 30% less turnover than their non-sales educated peers. (Source: Sales Education Foundation opens a new website)
Who can benefit?
- Current business students (e.g., an accounting major who needs to attract future clients).
- Current UAB students with majors outside of business (e.g., a kinesiology major who wants to open a future practice or an art major who wants to sell designs or services).
- Individuals who have no sales training but have moved into positions in which selling is required.
- Individuals interested in a career in sales.
Request More Information
Courses and Program Requirements
The Professional Sales Certificate requires the completion of four courses. In addition to the three courses below, students must complete an agreed upon elective.
- MK 330: Professional Selling
- MK 423: Emerging Topics in Professional Selling
- MK 425: Advanced Selling
AdmissionProfessional Sales Certificate application
Internship Coordinator, Marketing & Economics; Director, CSL; ProfessorJohn Hansen205-996-2069CSB 277Department Chair and Professor; CSL, Outreach & ResearchMike Wittmann PhD205-934-1271CSB 257-C