Social media savvy? Get certified.
The Social Media Certificate emphasizes the application of new and emerging social media technologies to help students and working professionals advance in their careers by improving understanding about how to leverage the latest social media technologies and platforms to benefit organizational goals and personal career advancement.
With social media being integrated with every aspect of society, students who obtain the certificate will be equipped with theoretical and practical knowledge to succeed in the rapidly expanding field of social media marketing.
Prepare for your career goals and aspirations by adding an undergraduate certificate in social media to your resume.
Who can benefit?
- Students and professionals currently working in information systems, communications, and marketing related fields.
- Entrepreneurs wanting an edge on positioning their business for growth.
- Individuals wanting to build the skills needed to succeed in social media careers.
Courses and Program Requirements
The certificate consists of four courses:
- MK 401: Social Media in Marketing
- MK 410: Integrated Marketing Communication
- MK 449: Integrated Marketing Communications Practicum
- IS 417: Introduction to Business Intelligence OR IS 418: Applied Data Science for Information Systems