Building equity in your future.
Grow your career with UAB’s Real Estate Certificate, which covers fundamental principles of both commercial and residential real estate with a focus on investing and finance. It is designed to provide industry-specific credentials to individuals interested in entering the real estate profession through residential or commercial property sales, property management, land development, mortgage banking, property appraisal, or brokerage.
An internship is required and includes possibilities of working with real estate brokers, real estate developers, appraisers, or one of our in-house programs through the Regions Institute for Financial Education opens a new website, such as the HomeFirst home-buyer counseling program or the Property Advocacy program.
Upon successful completion of two of the five required courses, students can be certified to sit for the Alabama Real Estate Salesperson License Examination.
Who can benefit?
- Individuals interested in preparing for a career in real estate and obtaining an Alabama Real Estate Salesperson License.
- Students wanting to enhance their resumes with industry-specific credentials for a potential real estate career.
Request More Information
Courses and Program Requirements
The Real Estate Certificate can be completed on-campus, online, or a combination of both and requires completion of the following five courses (three credit hours each) with a grade of C or better in each course, including a required internship:
- FN 370: Principles of Real Estate
- FN 460: Finance Internship
- FN 470: Real Estate Finance
- FN 475: Real Estate Investment Analysis
- MK 330: Professional Selling