Bridging the gap to IT.
The Information Systems (IS) Certificate provides a bridge for aspiring students with backgrounds in unrelated fields to enter UAB's Master of Science in Management Information Systems opens a new website(MSMIS) degree program. The 100% online Information Systems Certificate consists of six courses and is intended to help students transition into the IT industry.
Who can benefit?
- Individuals looking to transition into the IT industry.
- Professionals looking to gain information systems knowledge to enhance their already established career.
- Prospective students who want to prepare for success/entry in UAB's MSMIS opens a new website online degree program.
Courses and Program Requirements
The certificate consists of six courses and covers some of the basics of networking, computer programming, databases and systems analysis. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in each course.
- BUS 350: Business Communications
- IS 204: Introduction to Business Programming
- IS 301: Introduction to Database Management Systems
- IS 302: Business Data Communications
- IS 303: Information Systems
- IS 321: Systems Analysis