Fast-track your accounting skills.
The Accounting Certificate is designed to transition individuals into the accounting industry by providing a solid foundation in accounting principles and how to apply them in practice. It provides a bridge for students looking to enter and succeed in the UAB Master of Accounting (MAc) program.
Students without a bachelor's degree in accounting from a U.S. regionally accredited university (received less than five years before the desired enrollment term at UAB) can be admitted to the Master of Accounting program after completing this bridge certificate. These students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses and a grade of B or better in accounting courses.
In some cases, prospective MAc students may be able to waive the Accounting Certificate requirement through appealing to the Accounting program. Applicants might be able to waive some or all eight courses.
Who can benefit?
- Individuals looking to transition into the accounting industry.
- Professionals looking to gain accounting knowledge to enhance their already established career.
- Prospective students who want to prepare for success/entry to the UAB MAc program.
Courses and Program Requirements
The Accounting Certificate consists of eight courses covering principles of accounting, financial accounting, cost accounting, and income taxation.
- The Accounting Certificate requires that students earn a C or better in all eight courses. However, please note that prerequisite requirement for some courses is a B or better.
- Admission to the UAB MAc program requires a minimum grade of B in all courses completed in the Accounting Certificate program.
Current students: learn more about admission.
If you are not a current UAB student, please contact Brandon Cox for more information on the application process.
Graduate RecruiterBrandon Cox MBA205-270-5833