Students in UAB's Master of Accounting and Bachelor of Science in Accounting programs have ample opportunity to engage with the surrounding Birmingham community through real world business projects, volunteer service, and networking events. The program works closely with the UAB Regions Institute for Financial Education opens a new website (RIFE) located on the first floor of the Collat School of Business where students volunteer as tax preparers through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site within RIFE.
- Practical hands-on learning experiences provide a competitive advantage for students.
- Year-round internships provide opportunities to explore career options and gain valuable experience.
- UAB chapters of Beta Alpha Psi (Gold Chapter), Student Center for Public Trust (Gold Chapter) and National Association of Black Accountants opens a new website host open meetings and networking events year-round.
- Award-winning faculty who are active in the professional business community keep learning relevant and students connected.
- Annual UAB Ollie Powers Accounting Boot Camp helps prepare students for internship placement success.
- Annual Meet the Employers opens a new website event brings top employers on campus recruiting for internships, part-time and full-time positions.
- Collat Career Center provides essential resources for students to achieve positive career outcomes.
- Becker CPA Exam study materials are used extensively to prepare graduate students for success on the CPA exams.
- An Accounting Advisory Board provides support and resources for students to be competitive in the marketplace.