Explore UAB


Contact EH&S

(205) 934-2487

Before a lab can purchase controlled substances, the Principal Investigator (PI) must have an approved Controlled Substances Use Authorization (CSUA) Number. Only those substances which have been authorized and approved on the PI's Animal Protocol or Grant may be requisitioned. Purchase Order Requisitions need to be generated by the PI through the Oracle Purchase Order System. All orders entered for controlled substances at UAB for research, teaching, or veterinary care are routed through workflow to Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and placed with the vendor by EH&S.

If there is a vendor or controlled substance that you need, but it is not on the list, contact the EH&S Controlled Substances Program Manager (205) 934-2487.

Below you will find reference material to assist you. Feel free to return here and print any of the material you find useful.

How to Order Through iProcurement
• Controlled Substances Con Item Numbers
Catalog Numbers by Vendors
iProcurement: Creating a Requisition for Controlled Substances