Explore UAB


Contact EH&S

(205) 934-2487

Principal Investigator’s (PI’s) must obtain a Controlled Substances Use Authorization (CSUA) Number to possess and use controlled substances for teaching, veterinary care, or non-human research at UAB. This authorization contains specific information about how your laboratory manages any controlled substances.
You must complete Using Controlled Substances in Research, Teaching, and Veterinary Care (EHS_CS245) training course before applying for a CSUA.

Stop hand sm
The UAB EH&S Controlled Substance Program is not responsible for administering controlled substances intended for human trials.