Explore UAB

Budget Modifications are made by the department by submitting a Journal Entry in Oracle HR & Finance. This process allows movement of actual dollars/funding, but not budget.

  • New Object Code – 8709588 Department Internal Cost Commitment (Contra‐Expense)
  • The Object Code is debited for the unit suppling the funding, with a credit for the unit receiving the funding
  • Object Code must always balance to zero
  • Documentation supporting the journal entry will need to be imported to OnBase

More information on creating Journal Entries, as well as a guide to Debits and Credits can be found here.

Back to Top